February 16, 2009



FOR TODAY February 16, 2009
Outside my window... The sun is shining and everything is melting. I spotted my sons yellow airplane he lost a while ago in the yard.

I am thinking...about whether I should drive out to the base tonight. I might take out Subway to eat with Aaron which means I don't have to worry about dinner tonight.

I am thankful for...the time to spend praying with my friend this morning for our children's school. My other friends wonderful husband who really saved me yesterday. He offered to come over with his kids and keep all 5 kids so that Beth and I could have the afternoon evening out. We went to coffee, Wal-Mart and out to eat. Even Beth was surprised by the offer.

From the kitchen...the kitchen is clean and the dishwasher is loaded.

I am wearing...yoga pants and a Crab Fest sweatshirt from like 3 years ago

I am creating...working on a quilt for my daughters room. Almost done!

I am going...nowhere or somewhere I haven't decided yet.

I am reading...too many books at once this time, Marley and Me and Grace Based Parenting. Not including school text books.

I am hoping...that I can take full advantage of my husbands day off tomorrow and just relax and not feel like I need to clean and be busy around the house.

I am hearing...my math teacher lecture over the phone and my children getting louder and louder. I'm not sure going back to school was such a great idea anymore.

Around the house...I needed to fold some laundry today.

One of my favorite things...is the anticipation of seeing my husband after he has been at work for a long time. Oh and I anticipate his authority when it comes to dealing with the kids. Moms just weren't meant to do all the parenting.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Get my math homework done but I also plan to take time out for me. I find giving myself time to create makes me a happier person. Its my therapy.

Here is picture thought I am sharing.

Because I just had to spank her but I want to remember how much I love her too and not bring any anger or frustration to her.
The Simple Women's Daybook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to pray right now that you don't feel even the slightest urge to clean tomorrow!!! And if you do you'll ignore it :-)

Sarah said...

Ah, don't you love discipline? I am used to it now with my 2nd. She needs it often. I think I handed out 3 spankings today. I am thankful that she now accepts full restoration when we hug and kiss her after she is disciplined, where as before she would absolutely resist it! You are a good mommy! Keep it up!