January 4, 2009

Back in the Blog Box

Well, trying to anyway. Right now I have a killer toothache and the meds are starting to kick in. Christmas was awesome the kids loved all their gifts. They played together the whole two weeks pretty well. One of the rules we set up for Christmas break was that they would not be allowed to play their Nintendo DS games. They are a hand held type game and they literally suck the life out of them! They get very absorbed. So in an effort to encourage constructive play we simply nixed them. They did awesome and didn't even ask once to play. They played with all of their new toys, colored, baked and we watched old family movies too! We had a family Wii night but we all played together.
WE had the Koehlers for Christmas Dinner and had a great time visiting and enjoying the Perfect Turkey. Our new oven which is affectionately named the Star Treck Oven has a setting called perfect turkey. You insert a probe into the turkey plug it into the oven wall and touch the perfect turkey button. The probe monitors the temp of the bird and uses convection to work magic. The turkey was awesome and I have to say even better then a fried one!
School starts tomorrow for the kids and boy do they need a break from me! They are ready to have a schedule again and see their classmates.
I start my first class on the 12th and the rest the following wing. I have signed up for 10 credits this semester so I will be a busy bee. The more classes I take the sooner I can finish. I hope to start my internship year in 2012. I work full time at the school for a whole year while submitting portfolio work. I am still not sure I will be a working mom even after I finish my degree but we shall see. I would love to teach Kindergarten but Aaron would have to be on a different schedule I would prefer him to be home every night if I was working and not working 48 hours at a time or more.
Soon as I get to the other computer I will post some pictures. I really wish it would snow. We don't much of any right now and I want to try snow shoeing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want you oven. I forgot to watch the thermometer in the turkey this year and it was a bit dry. Totally my fault! I *think* my oven is going to have a very unfortunate accident with a sledge hammer sometime in the not so distant future . . . . .